Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Joe Budden super post


Its Joe Budden day over here. I got back from vacation and was treated to a new Joe Budden track apparently aimed at Dipset, then today another new Budden track leaked. maybe Mood Muzik 3 really IS coming soon... I'm not gonna hold my breath but I'd be very very excited if it did show up in my inbox in the near future.

So with that said, lets go ahead and recap the last month or 2 of Joe Budden leaks, since he's my favorite rapper out right now.

I'll go reverse chronological so newest first.

Joe Budden - My Life
this beat is so nice... best beat he's had in a minute. flipped a sample thats been flipped a million times before but still managed to keep it hot. i think he actually advocated smoking dust in this song. unreal. hook is alright too. it fits anyway. this is some straight up sit and nod shit... real joe budden. real mood muzik 2 shit. love the subject matter, love that he raps about the struggle without talking about selling drugs in every line.

Edit: son of a bitch. turns out i'm a complete fucking retard and failed to realize this beat is jacked from a jim jones song off POME. i'm just gonna leave the post there to remind myself to fact check shit before i post it.

Joe Budden - Last Real Nigga Living
This songs good too... not as good as the other song, but good. Joe Budden is the king of the sports metaphors in rap, i'll say that. I had to rewind the part about Carmelo once or twice cuz it was so good. beat is alright but it sounds unmastered on the copy I have, which is a possibility. so I really feel like I should save my criticisms on that til I see it on a mixtape/album. shot at jim jones was good too. "some niggas baaaaaaaaaallin wit the practice squad". he talks so reckless on this song its hard not to like even if you tried.

Joe Budden - Unforgiven
I hate this beat. Probably because I really dont like Metallica. But its so hard for me to get past this beat. The lyrics are good... its introspective Joe Budden which is absolutely fine by me but I really hate this beat so thats that.

Joe Budden - Ghetto America
Hey, its FINALLY the full version of this song after getting a snippet on Mood Muzik 2 like a billion years ago. I'm gonna assume he wanted to use this for the sophomore album and could never clear the sample or something... or just got tired of waiting cuz "The Growth" or whatever his 2nd album is gonna be called now is never coming out. Either way, I love this track. the beat is real simplistic but Budden makes it hot, even if its run of the mill lyrical material, at least content wise (i got this, i sell this, i shoot this).

Joe Budden - Broken Wing
Its like several months old but... This song is wild. I hate the sample at the beginning because it sounds so fruity but other than that this shit is flawless... spends an entire verse comparing him and Jay-Z to A-rod and Jeter... woo, and then caps it off will "rap was flyin high, then got suicidal/Imitate Jim Jones, end up like Cory Lidle". Damn.


-mikeford

4 comments:

city of brotherly love said...

you stay fly

Anonymous said...

mikeford. Now with proper ID, time to hit some clubs.

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol buy tramadol overnight shipping - cheap tramadol cod

Anonymous said...

Penile Cancer - a growth, legion or sore that can be malignant and might be found with the surface or around the tissue in the penis;Penile Implants and Surgery - an implant from the penis or a surgical procedure that has had been recently performed is often irritating the penis or it will possibly have become infected;Penis Fracture - a rupture of one or both inside the cambers inside the penis that enable it to be erect;Peyronies Disease - scar tissue with the penis that results within the penis developing a curve or abnormal bend;Pimples - an infection of sizegenetics pores or hair follicles this is the result of bacterial build-up;
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/