Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Cilvaringz featuring RZA, Ghostface and Raekwon


Let me just say that I was so unbelievably skeptical about the idea of this dude being on the Wu when I first heard about that maybe a year ago (might have been less, not certain) because I had never heard his name before. Turns out he's on RZA's "Birth of a Prince" and the Inspectah Deck LP as well but I never recognized the name or the voice.

That being said, this track is on point but wayyyyy too short. seems like a waste of a good beat being only 3 minutes long. RZA killed the beat. I love it, I love the sample towards the end... everything about it. I just wish the track was about 4, maybe even 5 minutes long. 3 minute track is not really long enough when you have 4 guys on it. But anyway...

If this dude is just gonna be a Cappadonna type, I'm totally okay with that. I just dont want them pushing anyone new to the forefront for 8 Diagrams (new Wu Tang LP due out this summer) or anything. I also don't know if I really care about dude's actual LP just yet but this is a good teaser track at least...

Anyway, this song is a great introduction to the dude and I am leaving it on repeat for awhile.

Cilvaringz - The Weeping Tiger (feat. Ghostface, Raekwon and RZA)
ps i jacked the zshare link from nahright because whats the point in just uploaded the same mp3 to zshare twice?


-mikeford

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clivaringz has been part of the "Wu Tang extended family" for a few years now, but never really stood out with his random verses.